Ursula Rodrigues is a Registered Orthomolecular Health and Nutrition Consultant Practitioner (ROHP, RNCP) with more than 10 years of experience in clinical practice helping individuals improve their quality of life through healthy habits. She has a bachelor degree in Nutrition and post-degrees in Weight Management and Metabolic Syndrome and Eating Disorders. She started her career as a Clinical Dietitian in her own practice back in Brazil and helped more than 5000 clients to achieve their goals including chronic illnesses (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol), eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, disordered eating), weight control, allergies and intolerances and anti-aging program. She moved to Canada with her family in 2012 and in 2017 became an Orthomolecular Nutritionist and Orthomolecular Health Practitioner.
Orthomolecular Therapy employs the use of vitamins and nutrients in the form of diet and supplements to support the body with optimal nutrition, encouraging proper functionality and promoting mental & physical health. It can also acts as part of an anti-aging program individually designed.
Ursula believes that health comes in every size and the prevention of bad habits to install can avoid the development and aggravation of many diseases. The orthomolecular approach along with her dietetic training makes it easy for her to see the body as a whole while still targeting specific concerns. She uses supplements when necessary to achieve, restore and/or improve your health as well as retarding cell aging.
She is passionate about helping clients improve their relationship with food. As a busy mom of two school-age children, she understands that it can be challenging to make healthy choices when life is busy and hectic. She strongly believes that moderation and balance are key for sustainable lifestyle changes. Her goal is to provide simple and practical science-based strategies to improve eating habits, since small changes can make a significant impact in the quality of life anytime, anyway.
What is offered by ROHP, RNCP:
Orthomolecular Nutrition Program
- Use of supplements and diet to optimize your energy levels, mental performance and health, minimize detrimental effects of stress and exposure to oxidants
- Sports Nutrition to optimize athletic performance
Weight Management/Lifestyle Programs:
- Personalized nutrition coaching according to your needs
- Help with the development of recipes that fit in your budget and eating habits
- Assist you with label reading, creating a shopping list
- Management of symptoms of chronic diseases
- Advice on gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian diets
- Advice on nutrition for children and elderly
Eating Disorders Program
- Listen, manage and passionately educate people with eating disorders.
- Offer inspiration to identify and conquer the disease fostering appreciation of one’s uniqueness and value in the world, unrelated to appearance, achievement or applause